By: John Goetz, Global Product Manager, Hydro Systems
A new year means new opportunities and possibilities for innovation within the dispensing industry. Chemical injecting, proportioning, dispensing and medicating equipment meets the needs of a range of industries such as hospitality, healthcare, foodservice, farming and jansan. With so many benefits to offer, it’s no surprise that more and more organizations are installing these useful tools.
Understanding these advantages can help facility managers streamline workflow processes and deliver improved productivity, sustainability and cost saving results. Read on to learn more about the benefits of dispensers and success stories that companies have realized through the use of accurate and reliable solutions.
Real-World Advantages of Dispensers
Prioritizing innovation, ease of use and accuracy when developing dispensers is crucial to gaining the trust of facilities seeking reliable solutions. Consider how dispensers can set your business up for success in the long term by delivering the following benefits:
- Accurate dilutions: Traditional dispensers rely on squeeze tubes to deliver chemical, which require frequent maintenance and result in inconsistent chemical delivery over time. This problem led Butler Chemicals Inc. to install more advanced dispensers at its customers’ laundry sites. This quickly led to benefits like consistent chemical delivery as the new dispensers did not use squeeze tubes and thus avoided variations that can negatively impact wash cycles.
- Increased customer satisfaction: When searching for a smaller, more reliable chemical dispensing system, Chemex Canada came across one to pilot. After testing, the company found an invaluable intangible benefit of the dispenser – securing new customers. Without the same frustrations over equipment issues that customers faced in the past, with the new system, customers noticed Chemex’s commitment to serving them better and prioritizing their needs.
- Cost savings: According to the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA), dispensing equipment reduces cleaning costs up to 30% through accurate chemical dilution. Organizations can also realize cost savings when chemical dispensers offer greater transparency into operations and require less maintenance. For example, Walter E. Nelson, a janitorial, paper and chemical distributor, wanted to grow its laundry chemical business. It identified a dispensing system with enhanced features like remote management that reduced chemical maintenance and response costs by approximately 80% in comparison to their previous system.
- Reduced chemical and water waste: By dispensing product accurately every time, dispensing systems help eliminate the overuse or underuse of product and thereby enhance cleaning performance. By reducing the need to rewash items like dishes or linen, warewash and laundry dispensers help organizations limit their chemical, water and even energy consumption. This “first time right” approach results in a more sustainable operation that not only benefits the bottom line, but also the planet.
- Enhanced productivity: By investing in a dispenser that utilizes an Internet of Things (IoT) cloud-based platform, businesses gain increased visibility into their operations, including real-time data related to energy, chemical and water usage as well as productivity. Using these insights can help businesses drive continuous improvements related to labor. Moreover, dispensers that don’t use squeeze tubes require less frequent replacement and are easier to install, with an average installation time of just 30 minutes.
The Bottom Line
The above benefits and case studies highlight how installing dispensers can help organizations achieve a competitive advantage. This makes innovative dispensers a must have product for businesses looking to boost the triple bottom line in the coming year. From increased customer satisfaction to enhanced environmental stewardship to cost savings, the right chemical dispensing system can truly deliver on people-planet-profit goals. If you’re hoping to elevate your company’s perception in the mind of employees and customers in 2020, consider how dispensers can take you to the next level.